Get full access to all the features of this forum when you sign up. Click SIGN UP! now…

The Landing Starteg...

Notifications
Clear all

The Landing Startegy of The Honeybee

ruthonwubuariri8@gmail.com
(@ruthonwubuariri8gmail-com)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Honeybee can safely land at virtually any angel without problems,     how do they do it.. 

Safe landing requires that honeybees reduces it's approach speed to nearly zero before contact.... . One logical way to do this would be to measure two factors _ flight speed and the distance to the target

However, the method would be difficult for most insect because they have close set, fixed focused eyes,that cannot directly measure distance . 

The vision of honeybees Is very different from that of humans who use binocular vision.  Honeybee seems to use the simple fact that an object appears to get bigger as they approach it,  the closer they get to an object , the faster it seems to increase in size .....

Experience indicate that honeybee decreases it's flight speed so that the rate  of appearance enlargment in an object remain constant. By the time the honeybee reaches it's target, its speed has decreases to almost zero allowing it to land safely

The generosity of this landing strategy makes it ideal of implementation in the guidance system of the fly robot.. . 

Did the honeybee landing Startegy evolve? Or was it designed? 

Splendour
(@splendour)
Member Moderator

I think it was applied to the helicopters

Click To See How To Place your ads on this forum

ReplyQuote
ruthonwubuariri8@gmail.com
(@ruthonwubuariri8gmail-com)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@splendour Yes, though I skipped writing Wat scientist mimicked with...

ReplyQuote
Splendour
(@splendour)
Member Moderator

Posted by: @ruthonwubuariri8gmail-com

@splendour Yes, though I skipped writing Wat scientist mimicked with...

Ok please do write it.

Click To See How To Place your ads on this forum

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 3MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: